FOOD & DRINK
FastColours offers several different types of food colours:
1) Natural food dyes - Water-soluble powders
2) Natural food pigments - Oil-dispersible, insoluble in water
3) Synthetic food dyes - Water-soluble granules and powders
4) Synthetic food lakes - Oil-soluble, oil-dispersible, insoluble in water
5) Synthetic food pearlescent pigments - Glitters and interference colours, insoluble in water
All food colours displayed below are approved for use in the EU. To show colours approved for use in the USA, please use the filtering options provided.
Please note, just because a colour has an E-number it does not mean that it can be used in all food and drink applications.
EU Regulation No 1129/2011 which amended Annex II to EU Regulation No 1333/2008 lists which colours can be used, maximum amounts and into which products.
You can mix colours of the same type to produce a variety of different shades. Our synthetic food dyes are highly concentrated, so a little colour can go a long way.
The easiest way to use the water-soluble colours is to make a concentrated solution of about 1% strength and then add a specific volume of this to your end use.
This will enable you control the amount of colour you are adding.
For technical help, friendly advice and information, contact us.
Technical help is given to the best of our general knowledge without guarantee or warranty. It is the responsibility of the user to test the suitability of the products under their processing conditions.
Showing 69 of 69 items in FOOD & DRINK